Established in 2019, Smart Home Perfected is a trusted resource with a mission to educate homeowners on ways to upgrade their homes with the latest in smart technology. We strive to stay ahead of the curve to deliver the latest tech and insight in the smart home industry.
As “Smart Home” is quite a broad topic, we classify our resources into five main sections.
- Smart Living – Within this category, we target ways that smart tech can make a difference in people's daily lives. Areas like smart kitchens, gardens, and bathrooms are featured along with deep dives into ways to automate one's home, such as smart lighting, robot cleaners, and pet feeders.
- Entertainment – So much of smart tech is focused on home entertainment. This newest section covers everything from Smart TVs and home theatres to the latest in media streaming devices such as Roku and Amazon Fire.
- Safety & Security – A connected home can significantly bolster the security of one's home. A network of safety sensors can make the difference if smoke, CO, or poor air quality is detected. Modern security camera systems are now smart and wireless and are another great addition to a smart home.
- Hubs & Network – This category is dedicated to the brains of the smart home, the hub and underlying network. From lightweight hubs like Alexa and Google Home to heavyweight home automation systems like SmartThings, Home Assistant, or Hubitat. We also have dedicated educational guides on the various home automation protocols like Zigbee, Z-Wave, Thread, Bluetooth, and the newer Matter protocol.
- HVAC & Utilities – So much of the newest smart home tech is to assist us in maintaining the internal climate of our home. This is primarily to help us save money as so much energy is wasted when our homes are empty. This category is dedicated to the raw ingredients our home needs, energy, and water.
Meet the team
In 2019, Daniel Walsh founded Smart Home Perfected as a personal passion project.
His experience as a software engineer is what initially inspired him to play around with home automation.
It all started off with some simple proof-of-concept device triggers and actions in Home Assistant. After purchasing his new home, it then began to rapidly expand with more devices and complexity!
A shed full of power tools and an eagerness to take on any DIY task have helped get his smart home to its current level. As a smart home is never “finished”, he's continuing to find more ways to automate and improve his home, as new devices are released and the technology evolves.
Daniel is our chief editor and contributes his own research in all categories.
He personally tests out the latest smart home tech on the Smart Home Perfected YouTube Channel.
His favorite smart home gadget is his robot vacuum as he absolutely hates cleaning!
Below are just some of the products Daniel has reviewed for Smart Home Perfected
- SwitchBot Thermometer & Hygrometer
- Lorex 2K Wire-Free Security Camera System
- Enbrighten No-Neutral Z-Wave Smart Dimmer Switch
- Lydsto R1 Robot Vacuum & Mop
- Nanoleaf Hexagon Shapes
- SwitchBot Button Pusher
- Zorachka Homam Smart Camera
- Annke PoE NVR & IP Camera
- Reolink Argus 3 Pro
- Annke NightChroma NC800 Bullet Camera
- Dreametech Z10 Pro
- Reolink Argus PT 2K
- eufy Video Doorbell Dual