Best Alexa Smart plugs with Alexa integration are a game-changer in the world of home automation. From turning on your coffee maker before you even climb out of bed to setting mood lighting for a movie night, the possibilities are endless.
With the power of Alexa at your beck and call, with a quick voice command, you can easily control your home appliances and take your first steps toward total home automation!
I make heavy use of smart plugs in my home, for things like lamps, kitchen cabinet lights and various devices in my home office. Read on for my top picks.
Note: I've broken the list into various types of smart plugs. Such as indoor on/off plugs, indoor dimmers, indoor powerstrips, outdoor on/off plugs and outdoor dimmers.
What is an Alexa Smart Plug?
A Smart Plug with Alexa Voice Control is a small device that plugs into a power outlet, which you can then plug your electronic devices into. It connects to Alexa, Amazon's virtual assistant, allowing you to control any device that is connected to it with your voice.
Making the Right Choice: Key Decision Factors for Selecting Smart Plugs with Alexa Voice Control
If you're planning to buy a smart plug with Alexa voice control, there are some important things you should consider first. These clever little devices allow you to automate your home appliances, control them with your voice, and save energy. Here are the top things to keep in mind.
Smart Plug Type
There are five different types of smart plugs.
- Indoor On/Off Smart Plug
- Indoor Dimmer Smart Plug
- Alexa On/Off Smart Plug
- Alexa Dimmer Smart Plug
- Alexa Smart Power-Strip
Which one you choose will depend on your need. Dimmers are very useful when controlling lighting while powerstrips are great if you have lots of appliances to control at a single location.
Some smart plugs can monitor energy usage, helping you to identify which of your devices is consuming the most energy. This feature can be particularly useful if you want to lower your energy bill.
Timer and Schedule
With a timer and schedule option, you can set your smart plug to work according to your routine. For example, you can set all your plug-connected devices to turn off during working hours or when you're away from home.
Different smart plugs can control different numbers of devices at once and with different amperages. Before making a purchase, take stock of the devices you want to control and ensure that the smart plug or power strip you choose can handle them.
Smart plugs come in various price ranges, and it is important to consider the amount you're willing to spend. It might be tempting to buy a cheap smart plug, but it's best to invest in a trusted brand to avoid issues down the line.
This smart plug lets you control your home appliances with your voice through Alexa, and turn them on or off remotely with your phone using the Kasa app, with easy setup and scheduling options available.
- You can use simple voice commands with Alexa and Google Assistant to control home appliances hands-free.
- Create timers or countdown schedules for connected appliances
- Easy to set up by just plugging in the device and using the Kasa app to get up and running
The Kasa plug works with Alexa and Google Assistant to offer you full voice control, for a full hands-free experience.
Another important feature is remote control. You want a smart plug that lets you control your electronic devices from anywhere, using your smartphone. With the Kasa app, you can turn your appliances on and off, even when you're not home. This comes in handy when you want to turn on your porch light or coffee maker while you're away.
With the scheduling feature, you can set your devices to turn on and off automatically. This is super useful for appliances like lamps, fans, sprinklers, and Christmas lights. The countdown schedules feature is also great, as it lets you decide how long your appliances stay on before turning off.
Of course, ease of use is key when it comes to a smart plug with Alexa voice control. You want a product that's easy to set up and navigate. The TP-Link Mini Smart Plug is a great option - you simply plug it in, download the app, and follow the instructions to get started.
Last but not least, safety is crucial. You want a smart plug that's reliable and designed with your safety in mind. Look for a product that's UL certified, which means it meets safety standards, giving you peace of mind while using it. The Kasa plug is UL certified.
Overall, TP-Link's Kasa smart plugs have received great feedback from most users, with the product being easy to install, convenient to use, and with a good range.
The Kasa plugs work seamlessly with Alexa and the app is pretty user-friendly. The scheduling function was also well received.
However, a few users did have some negative feedback about Wi-Fi dropouts and plugs ceasing to work after a few months. These negative reviews were in the minority though.
- Voice control capability with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Allows for remote control and scheduling of lights and devices
- Affordable price for its functionality
- Good customer support and technical assistance
- Easy to set up and use
- Scheduling feature allows for automated control of appliances
- UL certification
- Some customers experienced connectivity issues or difficulty in setting up and connecting to Wi-Fi
- Only compatible with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks
- Indoor use only
- No energy monitoring feature
- Limited warranty period
You can control any device using your voice with the Amazon Smart Plug, which works with Alexa; it is easy to use and supports with remote control and scheduling, without the need for a smart home hub.
- You can schedule lights, and appliances to turn on and off automatically, or control them remotely
- Easy to use and plug and play via the Alexa app
- Small, compact design that keeps your second outlet free.
The Amazon Smart Plug works smoothly with Alexa so you can easily control all your home devices by voice. You don't need any technical know-how to set it up, simply plug it in and follow the steps in the app.
When it comes to smart plugs, scheduling is key. You want a smart plug that can turn your devices on and off automatically, making your life easier. The Amazon Smart Plug has this feature, so you can easily schedule your appliances to turn on or off whenever you want.
Remote control is also important. With the Amazon Smart Plug, you can easily control your appliances even when you're away, again via the Alexa app.
Last but not least, the Amazon Smart Plug is an energy-saving smart plug, so it can help you monitor your energy consumption and provide you with tips on how to save energy.
Users generally have had positive experiences with the Amazon Smart Plug. Many appreciate the ease of use and setup of the plug, as it seamlessly integrates with Alexa and can be controlled by voice command. Users also appreciate the convenience the smart plug provides, such as being able to control lamps and fans without having to get out of bed at night. The ability to set schedules and routines using the plug has also been a favorite feature among users.
However, there have been some negative comments about the plug. Some users have reported issues with connectivity and the plug going offline, which can be a hassle to reset. Additionally, some users have noted that the plug can take up a lot of space and intrude on other outlets in the same socket.
- Easy to install
- Works well with Alexa voice control
- Convenient for controlling lights, fans, and other devices remotely
- Can be used to set schedules for devices to turn on/off automatically
- Makes daily routines easier and more efficient
- Limited to use with Alexa, so if you don't have an Alexa-enabled device, this may not be the best choice for you - That being said you wouldn’t be reading this article if you didn’t!
- May not be compatible with all appliances and devices, depending on the amp rating. So make sure to check before purchasing
- Some customers reported connectivity issues with their WiFi signal or smart home system
- Takes up a lot of space on an outlet, limiting the number of devices that can be used together.
Wyze Smart Plugs with Alexa Voice Control enable you to control your devices and appliances from anywhere using your voice or the Wyze app.
- Custom Scheduling: With Wyze app, you can set custom schedules for your devices to turn them on and off at specific times of the day.
- Connect multiple Wyze plugs in one room and control everything with one command through your voice assistant or the Wyze app.
- It can make it look like someone is home by turning devices on and off randomly, and it can be automated with Wyze sense.
The Wyze Smart Plug provides the ability to control your devices remotely using the Wyze app. As long as your Smart Plug is connected to Wi-Fi, you can control your home appliances from anywhere in the world. That means you'll never have to worry about forgetting to turn off your lights when you leave the house again!
The Wyze app also allows you to set schedules for your devices. This means you can automate your plugged-in appliances to turn on and off according to your daily routine, making your life easier and more energy-efficient.
A first for this list is the grouping feature. You can connect multiple Wyze plugs to one room and control everything with one command which is very handy!
Finally, if you're someone who travels a lot or spends time away from home, the vacation mode feature could be perfect for you. This feature turns your devices on and off randomly, making it look like someone is home even when you're away. This is essential for keeping your home and belongings safe and secure.
When it comes to Wyze Smart Plugs, users have given mixed feedback. On the positive side, many users appreciate how easy it is to set up and connect these devices to their home network. Most highlight the convenience of being able to schedule when devices are powered on and off, as well as the ability to control plugs remotely through apps like Google Home or Alexa. Users also appreciate the compatibility with other Wyze products, such as the Wyze cam.
However, there is some negative feedback to be considered. Some users have reported issues with connectivity and firmware updates. For others, the plugs were too tight, making it difficult to plug in devices.
- Easy to set up and get connected
- App allows for easy scheduling
- Grouping feature lets you control multiple Wyze plugs in one room with just one command
- Integrates well with Google Home and connects to other smart home devices with IFTTT for more automated actions
- Able to control lights and appliances with voice commands through Alexa
- Works as a replacement for mechanical timers
- Only works with 110V AC
- Some difficulty with firmware updates reported
- Plug may be too tight for certain devices
- Connection issues reported by some customers, requiring re-set up
- Some reported issues with Wyze servers and connecting to the Alexa app
This smart plug with Alexa voice control allows you to remotely control up to 2 lamps with the ability to set dimming levels.
- Control your lights with your voice using Amazon Alexa.
- Randomly turns your lights on/off when you're away to make it look like you're home.
- Control your lights via the Lutron app, voice or from the switch.
This smart plug is designed to work seamlessly with Amazon Alexa. This means you can control your devices with voice commands, which is super easy and hands-free.
The Lutron dimmer makes it a snap to control up to two floor or table lamps. You can turn your lights off or on and adjust their brightness level, all with a single touch of a button or voice command, from anywhere in your house. This is perfect for creating the perfect atmosphere for relaxation.
The installation process for this product is simple and straightforward. You can make a 3-way setup by attaching the Pico wireless remote control to almost any wall surface without cutting holes or pulling wires.
You can connect it to a myriad of smart devices like Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google Home, Ring, and more. So it might be a good option for people with more experience in home automation.
Users have consistently praised the Lutron Caseta Dimmer for its ease of installation and use. It is a reliable product that works great with Google Home, Alexa, and Apple HomeKit. Users have commented that the product supports two independent plugs, has excellent functions, and is perfect for lamp automation, especially in the bedroom. Additionally, the Lutron Caseta Dimmer is highly compatible with other devices, making it an excellent addition to any smart home.
However, some users have expressed concern over the product's price, describing it as pricey. Some users have also commented that the Lutron Caseta Smart Home Plug-in Dimmer is a bit larger than other similar products and that it lacks a ground.
- Easy to set up and use with Alexa voice control
- Supports two independent plug-in lamps for maximum convenience
- Works with both Alexa and Google
- Can be integrated with Lutron Caseta Bridge for more advanced automation and programming options
- Easy 3-way setup
- Automatically adjusts lights according to seasons
- Enables smart away feature to make it look like someone is home when you're away
- Pricey compared to some other smart plug options on the market
- Only suitable for use with dimmable lamps, which may limit its utility in some situations
- Requires Lutron Caséta Smart Hub for most features
- Can only be used with dimmable LED, incandescent, and halogen bulbs
The Smart Power Strip with Alexa voice control allows you to remotely control 6 smart outlets and 3 USB ports, monitor energy usage, and protect electronics from power surges.
- This device is ETL certified for surge protection
- The Kasa Smart app allows you to monitor the amount of energy each connected device is consuming so that you can turn off devices that use too much power.
- You can remotely control your smart plug and use voice commands. You can use Alexa, Google Assistant, or Microsoft Cortana to control your smart plug.
The Kasa Smart Power Strip packs six outlets and three USB ports, making it ideal for anyone who needs to plug in multiple devices.
We've all been there: sky-high electricity bills from devices that are on for no reason. This Smart Plug allows you to track energy consumption so you can locate the offenders and turn them off when not in use.
The Kasa Smart app lets you control connected devices from anywhere, allowing you to power up your devices remotely, like your home office, to ensure that your electronics can stay charged and connected even when you're not around.
Users generally appreciate the convenience and control offered by the Kasa Smart Strip. The ability to program multiple plug settings individually and monitor energy usage is particularly useful for those with complex needs. The setup process is generally smooth, and the app is user-friendly. Many users praise the smart features of the power strip and its ability to work seamlessly with Alexa.
Some users report that the Kasa Smart Strip isn't as reliable as they'd like it to be. A few users have mentioned that it sometimes disconnects from Wi-Fi, leads to delays in turning on/off, and requires manual syncing. A few users mentioned that the product does not easily sync to Alexa, which can be a deal-breaker for many.
- Allows for voice control with Alexa
- Easy and fast setup according to multiple customers
- Can individually control multiple outlets with complex settings
- Provides energy monitoring features
- Can be used for multiple smart devices in different areas of the home
- Some users experienced issues with connectivity and syncing with Alexa
- A few users reported that the product does not always follow the set schedule accurately and can experience Wi-Fi connectivity issues
- A few users reported a design flaw with the orientation of the plug
This smart plug can be controlled with your voice, smartphone, or via the Kasa app, and features individual control of 2 outlets, 15A/1875W Max, and IP64 weather resistance.
- 2 AC outlets that are individually controlled
- Waterproof cover to protect it from dirt with IP64 weather resistance
- Schedules and countdown timer to automatically turn on and off at the time you want.
With the Kasa Outdoor Smart Plug, you can turn your electronics on or off regardless of where you are just by talking to Alexa or using the Kasa app on your phone. Plus, you can set schedules and countdown timers with ease, including using the handy sunrise and sunset offset.
This indoor/outdoor plug has two outlets that work independently, which means you can manage each device separately. If you have multiple Kasa Smart gadgets, you can link them for even more control.
Thanks to its IP64 rating and waterproof cover, this smart plug is safe from both water splashes and dust from any angle. So it's a good option for holiday lights, pool pumps, or landscape lighting.
Users highly recommend the Kasa Outdoor Smart Plug due to its reliability and ease of use. The plug works well and does exactly what it says while the app is praised for being intuitive and easy to use. The product is durable and weather-resistant, with no issues in high-humidity areas, snow, or rain. Multiple users have also noted that Kasa devices are cheap and reliable.
Several users did report defects in the products they received so possibly a durability issue in some units.
- Easy to set up
- Works well with Alexa voice control
- Durable and weatherproof, perfect for outdoor use
- Helps automate outdoor lighting and other devices
- Can set up an automatic timer to turn devices on and off
- Generally seen as a reliable brand with reasonable prices
- Allows grouping of devices for simultaneous control
- App interface is user-friendly
- App lacks some features, such as scheduling for groups of devices
- Some instances of users receiving defective units, requiring replacement
- Some users report occasional drop-offs from the network or connection issues
- Cord length could be longer for more versatile use.
The GE Cync Outdoor Smart Plug allows you to turn outdoor lights into smart lights! You can control each socket individually or group them together, and use voice control with Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa devices.
- You can turn your outdoor devices on and off from anywhere with the Cync App, without needing a hub.
- You can schedule your exterior outlets to reduce energy costs and add convenience, individually or as a group in the Cync App.
- The smart plug is designed specifically for outdoor use, with weatherproof outlet covers and 3-prong plug compatibility. (Supports a max 15A)
The GE Cync Outdoor Smart Plug allows you to use your voice to control your outdoor devices, thanks to its compatibility with Alexa and Google Assistant. You can turn your lights on or off from anywhere with its out-of-home control feature.
With its scheduling feature, you can set custom schedules for your exterior outlets, ensuring that your devices turn on or off at specific times. This feature provides peace of mind, so you won't have to worry about leaving your outdoor lights on overnight or wasting electricity during the day.
The Cync Outdoor Smart Plug is weather-resistant and compatible with weatherproof outlet covers and 3-prong plugs, providing an added layer of protection against the elements.
Users have generally given positive reviews for the GE Cync outdoor smart plug. The convenience of controlling lights with an app or Alexa has been highly appreciated. Users have reported that the plug is easy to set up, works well, and is reasonably priced. Multiple users have also praised the stable and robust hardware of the plug. The ability to control each outlet independently has also been appreciated by customers who use it for year-round as well as holiday lights.
Although the GE Cync outdoor smart plug has many positives, some users have reported issues with the product. The most common complaint is difficulty in setting up the schedules or getting the plug to connect to Wi-Fi. Another issue faced by users is a power leak in the plug that causes outdoor lights to have a slight glow even when the plug is turned off.
- Easy to set up and use
- Works great with Alexa voice control
- Can control each outlet individually from the app
- Ability to set schedules for lights and other devices
- Durable and can withstand outdoor use
- Can be used for a variety of devices, including Christmas lights
- Can integrate seamlessly with GE Cync app and account
- Allows for energy-saving and efficient use of devices
- App interface can be difficult to navigate
- Max 15A for general use
- Some users experienced connectivity issues with Wi-Fi
- Plug may not fit in all outdoor outlets due to angled design
- Slight power leak reported by a few users
- Some users reported difficulties with scheduling and setting up the app
The TP-Link KP405 is an outdoor, weather-resistant smart dimmer that allows you to control the brightness of your dimmable outdoor lights. This can be done remotely via the Kasa app or through Alexa or Google Assistant voice commands, with features such as grouping and scheduling.
- The plug has a reach of up to 300 ft in open areas, thanks to its built-in power amplifier.
- Group multiple dimmers and string lights together through the Kasa app and switch them on and off automatically.
- The plug is ETL certified, fire/heat-resistant with a UL94-V0 PC shell and has a 2-year warranty.
The TP-Link KP405 has an IP64 rating that ensures it's durable and perfect for outdoor use.
Connectivity is crucial when it comes to Smart Plugs. With the KP405, you'll have long-range Wi-Fi and the option to use either Google Assistant or Alexa voice control. So, you can control your devices using your voice, even if you're far from home.
Scheduling is another handy feature to consider. The KP405 has a scheduling feature that allows you to set specific times for your devices to turn on and off. This cool feature can make your life easier, as you don't have to worry about forgetting to turn your devices off.
The Kasa Outdoor Smart Dimmer Plug has received a great deal of praise from users, who have commented on its ease of use and effective functioning. Many have found it to be an excellent addition to their smart home, giving them the ability to control outdoor lighting from their phones or other devices.
They highlight the convenience of being able to set a schedule for turning lights on and off and being able to dim the lights. Users also appreciate the ease of integration with Alexa, Google Home, and other devices.
Despite these positive reviews, some users have reported issues, such as the plug randomly turning off, difficulty connecting to the internet, or failing after only a short period of use.
- Easy to use and set up
- Works well with Alexa and Google Home
- Good for controlling outdoor lights, including Christmas lights and string lights
- Durable and well-builtCan group multiple dimmers and string lights for simultaneous control.
- ETL certified, fire/heat resistant with UL94-V0 PC shell.
- Provides adding devices by room
- 2-year warranty.
- Requires the Kasa app to function
- Maximum power for incandescent lights is 300W.
- Lights must be dimmable in order to use the dimmer function.
- Some customers experienced connection issues
- The device becomes hot in use sometimes
Best Alexa Smart Plug FAQs
How do I install and set up an Alexa Smart Plug?
To set up a Smart Plug with Alexa Voice Control, you need to follow some simple steps, including plugging in the device, connecting it to Amazon Alexa, configuring settings through the Alexa app, and adding appliances. Clear instructions are provided with the Smart Plug, and the process usually takes only a few minutes.
Which appliances can I connect to a Smart Plug with Alexa Voice Control?
You can connect any appliance that has a plug, including lamps, coffee makers, heaters, and TVs, to a Smart Plug with Alexa Voice Control. Generally speaking, you can control up to 15 amps of power and up to 1800 watts of electricity consumption. There are also higher amp smart plugs available.
Can I control appliances with a smart plug when I'm away from home?
Yes, if you're connected to the internet, you can control your home appliances from anywhere. Just make sure that the Smart Plug is connected to the internet back home, and you can then use voice control in the Alexa App on your phone.