The best way to fix the problem of Disney Plus not working on your Roku device is to reinstall the app and update the software on your Roku stick or TV.
We explain how to do this along with other troubleshooting tips below.
Check for Updates
If you ever find the Disney Plus app unable to work on your Roku device all of a sudden, the first thing you should do is to check for updates. To do this, please read the following steps carefully.
- Begin at the homepage of your Roku device.
- Highlight the Disney Plus app with your remote and press the * button.
- Click on Check for Updates.
- If there are any new updates available, install them.
Remove the Disney Plus Channel
If the issue persists after updating your Roku device, your next option is to re-install the app. This requires you to delete the app and wait for it to download again. The following steps will show you how to remove the app and re-install it.
To remove the app:
- Highlight the Disney Plus channel and press the * button using the Roku remote.
- A menu will pop up, select Remove Channel.
- Go through the prompts and confirm its deletion.
To re-install the app:
- Press the home button on the Roku remote.
- Using the remote, navigate to Streaming Channels > Search.
- Search for Disney Plus and click on it when it pops up.
- Select Add Channel and enter your pin if you have one.
- The app will now begin to re-install.
Perform an Update on Your Roku Device
Buggy Roku software is also a viable reason why Disney Plus isn’t working properly on your device. If this is the case, a software update should be able to restore everything back to working order.
Although the Roku device automatically checks for updates periodically, you can check and manually install updates if they’re available. Here’s how:
- Navigate to Settings > System > System Update from the Roku home screen.
- Under System Update, click on Check Now.
- Your Roku device will check for updates, and if any is available, it will give you an option to Update Now or Update Later.
- Click on Update Now to download and install the updates.
So, if your Roku device indicates that there is a new update available, the update will download and install automatically without you having to do anything.
Check Your Internet Connection
A slow internet connection is terrible for any streaming service. If your internet connection is poor, none of the platforms on your Roku device will work properly.
Here are a few tips on how you can fix a poor internet connection:
- First, check your home internet speed. It should be at least 3.0 Mbps to be able to stream content.
- Try rebooting your router to see if it helps with the speed.
- If your Roku device is far away from the router, try moving it closer.
Perform a Reset on Your Roku Device
A soft reset can help clear the Roku’s cache and fix any errors with the Disney Plus channel. The easiest way to do this is to unplug the power cord and wait for two minutes before plugging it back in.
If you don’t want to unplug the Roku device, you can also reset it via the settings. From the home menu, navigate to Settings > System > System Restart.
Your device will reboot after you click on the System Restart option.
Perform a Factory Reset on Your Roku Device
If you’ve tried all the fixes above to no avail, and Disney Plus still isn’t working on your Roku TV, you might need to perform a factory reset. A factory reset will restore all your settings back to their default state, deleting all previous user data and saved credentials.
This is why a factory reset should always be your last resort.
There are two ways to perform a factory reset on a Roku device – one using the on-screen menu and another using the physical method.
Here’s how you can perform the reset using the on-screen menu:
- Go to the Roku device’s home screen by pressing the home button on the remote.
- Navigate to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings from the home screen.
- Under Advanced System Settings, you’ll see the Factory Reset option.
- Click on it and enter your PIN code to reset your device.
- Your device will now begin the factory reset process.
To perform the hard reset, you’ll have to look for the reset port on your Roku device. It’s usually a small hole in the back of the device. Using a thin device like a paper clip, press the button for about 10 to 20 seconds. This will reset your Roku device back to its default settings.
Plug the Roku Device into Your TV
If your Roku device is connected to an external A/V hub or device, that can be the root of your Disney Plus issues. Try disconnecting your Roku device from the hub and connecting it directly to your TV via your USB or HDMI port.
After doing this, try watching a show on Disney Plus to see if the issue is resolved.
Contact Customer Support
If you’ve tried all the fixes above and the issue still persists, then it’s time to contact customer support. You can contact either Roku or Disney customer support.
Alternatively, you can also try to post your issues on the community forums to see if you can get help. Both the Disney Plus and Roku forums have a fairly sizable user base that you can get answers from quickly and easily to help solve your dilemma.
Common Questions Relating to Disney Plus
You can only have four devices streaming from one Disney Plus account simultaneously. Disney uses this feature to restrict password sharing among its customers.
Yes, you can share your Disney Plus account just like Netflix. Disney provides seven Disney Plus profiles per account for sharing.
If your Disney Plus app isn’t working on Amazon Firestick, it can be due to several issues. The first and most common issue is a network outage. Other issues can also involve software updates and compatibility issues.
Disney Plus is just a single streaming service, while Disney Bundle combines three streaming services in a bundle. These streaming services include Disney Plus, ESPN Plus, and Hulu.
Yes, you can add a Hulu subscription with your Disney Plus subscription via the Disney Bundle plan.
While very late to the game, Disney Plus has exploded onto the scene, giving Netflix and Amazon Prime some real headaches in the streaming wars. Now one of the most popular streaming devices available today, not having it working can be a major disruption.
Luckily, it can be fixed by several simple methods such as updating the software and resetting the internet connections and devices as well.
Hopefully these tips and tricks help you to get back watching your favorite Disney movies and TV shows!