When it comes to managing your Kwikset smart lock, knowing how to reset the device is essential.
Whether you're moving, troubleshooting an issue, or simply starting fresh, a factory reset ensures optimum performance and security for your lock and your home.
Below are simple, step-by-step instructions for resetting a wide range of popular Kwikset smart locks.
Types of Resets
All Kwikset smart locks offer a factory reset, which comprehensively clears all information and settings, returning the lock to its initial state. The door-handing process generally needs to be run after a factory reset (This happens automatically in some models, while needs to be run manually in others).
Some Kwikset locks also provide network and system reset options.
In the case of the “Premis” model for example, a network reset removes the lock from the Premis app and HomeKit system without affecting users, schedules, or codes – upon re-pairing the lock, these settings will be rediscovered.
On the other hand, for the “Premis” model, a system reset mirrors a factory reset, however, it avoids needing to re-run the door handling process.
General Kwikset Smart Lock Reset Instructions
Resetting a Kwikset smart lock involves different methods based on the specific model you own.
The process generally falls into one of two categories.
- Models with a Program button typically require you to hold the button for 30 seconds, then press it again for a short period. Afterward, the lock resets, and the door handling process either re-runs automatically or you'll need to initiate it manually.
- Models without a Program button but with a Reset button, you'll usually hold the Reset button for 5 seconds, enter the default programming code (0-0-0-0), and then manually work through the door handling procedure.
There are one or two models that have both a Program and Reset button, so in that case, follow that model's specific instructions.
How to re-pair your Kwikset Smart Lock to a Smart Home Hub?
For Kwikset smart locks that connect to a smart home controller via Z-Wave or Zigbee, you'll generally need to reconnect the lock to the hub after resetting it to factory defaults.
- If you don’t carry out a factory reset, you'll need to reset the network connection with your smart home controller. For most Kwikset models, this involves pressing and holding button “A” on the lock interior, which generally triggers a network reset.
- Next, refer to your smart home system instructions for further guidance. Initiate the process of adding the lock to your system using the smart home hub.
- When the system prompts you to add the lock, press button “A” on the lock's interior once. You may need to wait a while for the lock to add to the controller.
- The red LED on the lock will light up, indicating that it has successfully entered Add Mode.
By following these simple steps, you can easily re-pair your Kwikset Smart Lock with your smart home hub.
Now, let's explore the model-specific reset instructions below.
Kevo & Kevo Convert Instructions
Resetting your Kevo or Kevo Convert smart lock is a straightforward process.
To begin, locate the reset button on the lock and press it down for 10 seconds. The lock will beep, and the LEDs on the lock face will flash red, indicating a successful reset.
Please be aware that this will erase all smartphones and fobs from the lock's memory. As a result, you'll need to re-enroll your Owner phone and fob, as well as resend eKeys to all essential users. The good news is that eKeys don't expire, enabling you to send them even after resetting the lock.
For smart devices and fobs, the process is similar after a system reset. First, re-enroll and calibrate your Owner phone by following the instructions provided. You can still send eKeys to users who had active eKeys at the time of the reset.
For fobs, press the enroll button on the fob and proceed to re-enroll and calibrate it. To test the fob, take it and your standard key outside to ensure proper communication between the fob and the lock.
Halo, Aura, Halo Touch Instructions
A factory reset for Kwikset locks, such as the Halo, Aura, and Halo Touch, can help resolve various issues by erasing all stored data and reverting the lock to its original settings.
This operation is essential when changing lock owners, after losing your phone or troubleshooting an installation. It's important to remember that while access codes and event history disappear from the lock, they remain visible in the Kwikset app until you delete the lock from your home.
Before beginning the reset, you should first remove the lock from your home in the Kwikset app and erase it from your phone's Bluetooth settings by selecting “Forget Device.”
The actual factory reset process is straightforward: remove the battery pack and hold the Program button while reinserting it. Keep pressing for 30 seconds until you hear a beep and see the status LED flash red.
Press the Program button again, and when the LED flashes green along with two beeps, the reset is complete.
Finally, the auto door handing process will teach the lock the door's orientation, indicated by a green flash for success or a red flash if the process fails.
Whether you have a 910, 914, or 916 model, the following steps will guide you through the factory reset process for these SmartCode locks.
- First, you'll need to remove the battery pack from the lock, which provides the necessary power for the electronics inside.
- Next, press and hold the Program button, found beneath the battery pack, and reinsert the battery pack while still holding the button.
- Continue holding the Program button for around 30 seconds until the lock beeps and the status LED flashes red. This indicates a successful reset initiation.
- Afterward, press the Program button one more time, and the status LED will flash both green and red several times.
- Finally, the lock will start the door-handing process; the latch bolt will extend and retract to determine the door's orientation. Keep in mind that the 910 and 914 models require manual handing, while the model 916 performs this step automatically.
Following these steps, your Kwikset SmartCode lock will be reset to its factory settings and ready for use once again.
To initiate the reset for the SmartCode 913, remove the battery pack from the lock and locate the Program button, usually on the interior side of the lock.
Press and hold the Program button while reinserting the battery pack into the lock. Keep holding the button for 30 seconds until you hear a beep and see the lock flashing red. This indicates that the lock is now in its factory-resetting process.
Once the lock beeps and flashes red, release the Program button, then press and hold it again for another 20 seconds.
Wait for the LED light on the lock to flash green and you hear another beep. This signifies that the lock has successfully reset.
After this, perform the door-handling process once more, which involves continuously pressing the lock button as you reinsert the battery pack.
This step ensures proper locking functionality. Lastly, it's time to add new user codes to your lock, granting secure access to your home for authorized individuals.
The Kwikset Obsidian smart lock can be reset to its factory settings, but doing so will erase any saved codes and remove the lock from your smart home system.
- To perform a reset, first, take out the battery pack from the lock.
- Then, press and hold the Program button while you reinsert the battery pack into the lock.
- Be sure to keep holding the Program button for a full 30 seconds, until you hear the lock beep and see the status LED flash red.
- Once this happens, release the button and then press the Program button one more time. The lock's status LED should flash green and red multiple times, indicating that the reset process is underway.
- After a few seconds, the lock will automatically initiate the door-handing process, during which the latch bolt will extend and retract to determine the orientation of your door.
- This step is crucial for the lock to function correctly, so make sure not to interrupt the process until it is complete.
If you need to reset your Kwikset Premis smart lock, you have three options to choose from.
The first method, Network Reset, allows you to remove the lock from the Premis app and HomeKit system. Your users and schedules will still be intact and will reconnect upon pairing the lock again.
To perform a network reset, you can either follow the deletion instructions in the Premis app or press and hold Button “A” on the lock's back panel for 7 seconds until you hear a beep.
The second method is System Reset, which provides a more comprehensive reset. It removes the lock from the app and HomeKit system, along with all users, schedules, and user codes from both the app and lock.
Auto-Lock will be disabled, the Status LED will be turned back on if previously turned off in the app, SecureScreen will be re-enabled if disabled, and sound will be unmuted if previously muted.
To execute a system reset, press and hold Button “A” for 20 seconds; you will hear a beep after 7 seconds and a second beep later.
Lastly, the Factory Reset method resets everything in the System Reset and initiates the door handing process.
To perform a factory reset: remove the battery pack; press and hold the Program button while reinserting the battery pack and continue to hold for 30 seconds until the lock beeps and the status LED flashes red; press the Program button once more, and the status LED will flash green and red several times before the door handing process begins, with the latch bolt extending and retracting to learn the door's orientation.
If you need to reset the SmartCode 888 lock, it's important to understand it will erase all existing codes and remove the lock from your smart home system. To begin the process, first remove the battery pack from the lock.
While holding the Program button, reinsert the battery pack and keep holding the button for 30 seconds until the lock beeps and the status LED flashes red.
Next, press the Program button once more. When the LED flashes green and you hear a single beep, this indicates that the lock has been successfully reset.
Shortly after, the lock will start the door-handing process, during which the latch bolt will extend and retract. This action helps the lock learn the orientation of the door, ensuring optimal performance.
By following these straightforward steps, you can effectively reset your Kwikset SmartCode 888 lock and regain control over access to your home.
The following steps will guide you on how to reset your Powerbolt 2, removing all existing User Codes and setting the lock back to its original defaults (Mastercode: 0-0-0-0, User Code: 1-2-3-4).
First, ensure the door is open and unlocked. Locate the Reset button on the lock and press and hold it for 5 seconds. Listen for three distinct long beeps, indicating that the reset process has begun.
Next, enter the default Mastercode (0-0-0-0) followed by pressing the lock button.
Upon hearing a single beep, press the number 0, and then the lock button once more.
The latch bolt will move, allowing the lock to learn the door's orientation.
A successful reset is confirmed with a green flashing keypad and two beeps. If the reset fails, a red flashing keypad and three beeps will signify the need to retry the process, ensuring the door is open, unlocked, and powered by a fresh set of batteries.
Finally, test the lock and the default User Code (1-2-3-4) to ensure proper function. It is strongly recommended that you change the Mastercode and User Code to your own unique, secure codes to maximize security.
Occasionally, you may find it necessary to perform a factory reset on the SmartCode 955 to delete all current user codes and restore the lock's default settings.
This can be helpful if you're moving, lost track of how many authorized users you have, or if you're experiencing an issue with the device.
To reset the SmartCode 955, follow these simple steps:
First, ensure that the door is open and the lock is in the unlocked position. This is crucial to avoid any accidental lockouts. Next, use the included SmartKey tool or a paper clip to press and hold the program button for 30 seconds; you'll hear a long beep, indicating the reset process has started.
After that, press and release the program button once and listen for a short beep. This will confirm that the factory reset was successful.
To verify that all the associated user codes have been removed and the lock is now at its default state, test the lock with a previously working user code – the lock should not unlock or respond to that code any longer.
275 Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt
Resetting the 275 touchscreen lock involves a few simple steps, which will erase all User Codes and restore the default Programming Code (0-0-0-0) and User Code (1-2-3-4).
First, ensure the door is open and unlocked, then press and hold the Reset button for five seconds until you hear three long beeps. Next, input the default Programming Code followed by the enter arrow, which will prompt a single beep.
To proceed, press ‘0' and the enter arrow again.
The latch bolt should extend and retract, learning the door's orientation in the process. A successful reset is indicated by two beeps, while three beeps signal an unsuccessful attempt— in such cases, double-check that the door is open and unlocked and that the lock is powered by fresh batteries.
It's crucial to test the lock's functionality by ensuring it locks and unlocks the door using the default codes provided.
Although the lock comes pre-programmed with a default Programming Code and User Code, it's advisable to change them to codes tailored to your preference for enhanced security.
Remember to delete the original User Code (1-2-3-4) as well.
905 Keyless Deadbolt
To reset the Kwikset 905 Keyless Deadbolt, first ensure that the door is open and unlocked.
Begin by pressing and holding the “PROG” button for approximately 30 seconds. During this time, you will hear one long beep, indicating that the reset process has begun.
Release the “PROG” button and then press it once more. This time, the lock will emit three long beeps, indicating that the reset is complete.
After the reset, you must perform the door-handing process to properly configure the lock for your door and then add user codes to regain access to the lock.
Resetting your Kwikset smart lock is a quick and easy process that restores the default settings on your lock, such as the default Programming Code (PC) and User Code.
This process effectively removes all stored User Codes, so it's important to have a record of them if you'll need to re-enter them later.
- To start, simply press and hold the Reset button on the lock for 5 seconds, until you hear 3 beeps and see the Kwikset button flash amber 3 times.
- After that, enter the default PC (0-0-0-0) to complete the reset.
- Once your Kwikset smart lock resets, you'll need to re-teach the lock to the orientation of your door by entering the door handing code.
- To do this, press the Kwikset button, then press 0, and press the Kwikset button once more.
- With this step complete, it's crucial to test the lock’s functionality. Keep the door open and unlocked, then press the Kwikset button to verify that the lock operates correctly.
- Finally, test the default User Code (1-2-3-4) by entering it on the keypad and confirming that it unlocks the door.
With all these steps completed, your Kwikset smart lock is now reset and ready for use.
How to Reset the Programming Code / Master Code?
The Programming Code is an essential feature for Kwikset smart locks, as it allows users to make changes without physically accessing the programming button found on some models.
This can be especially useful for those who want to manage lock settings from outside the property.
When you perform a factory reset on your Kwikset smart lock, be aware that it will reset not only the Programming Code but also the Master and User Codes. You can then configure the programming code / master code again.
The factory reset procedure varies slightly for models without a Program button, such as the Kwikset 275.
In these cases, the reset button serves to delete all User Codes associated with the lock, and the default Programming Code (0-0-0-0) will be restored.
It's important to note that resetting the code will erase any previous customizations, so make sure to reconfigure the lock according to your preferences and security needs after the reset.
In conclusion, it’s important to know how to reset your Kwikset smart lock to keep on top of your home security.
This comprehensive guide covers various Kwikset models and offers step-by-step instructions for performing factory resets, initiating the door-handing process, and re-pairing your lock with your smart home hub.
If I’ve missed anything, please let me know in the comments below.