Linking up your Honeywell Smart Thermostat with Google Home and Google Assistant opens up a world of possibilities!
With Google Assistant integration, you can issue voice commands and with Google Home integration you can include the thermostat in various scenes and routines.
So, if you’re wondering how to set it up, read on to learn how.
Are All Honeywell Thermostats Compatible with Google Home?
Extensive compatability with their smart and Wi-Fi models
Most Honeywell thermostats, especially the smart models with Wi-Fi and mobile app compatibility can link up with Google Home.
So if you’ve got a Smart Thermostat or EvoHome setup that can be controlled via the Honeywell Home or Total Connect Comfort mobile apps, you’re in luck.
However, when setting up your thermostat with Google Home, you should verify if Google can control individual zones or only manage them as a single room within the app.
Because of this complexity, individual zones might not respond and you might have to group them together in Google Home.
List of Honeywell Models You Can Control with Google Home/Assistant
- T10 & T9 Series
- T5 & T6 Series
- T4 Series
- Lyric Round Smart Thermostat
- Wi-Fi 9000 Touchscreen Thermostat
- Wi-Fi 7-Day Smart Thermostat
- Prestige IAQ Kits
- EvoHome devices
Honeywell & Google Home Apps
Connecting your Honeywell Thermostat to Google Home begins with installing the necessary apps on your smartphone.
So before you get into the guide, it’s best to download Google Home alongside the Honeywell App that’s compatible with your model.
Connect Honeywell Thermostat to Google Home
The following steps will show you how to set up your Honeywell Smart Thermostat with Google Home
- Set up your Honeywell smart thermostat using the product manual.
- Connect your smartphone or tablet to the same Wi-Fi network as your Google Home device.
- Open the Google Home mobile app.
- Ensure your Google Account is linked to your Google Home (switch accounts if needed).
- Tap the “+”/add button on the upper left of the app.
- Then, tap on “Set up device”
- After that, select the option titled “Works with Google.”
- Search for “Honeywell” and select your thermostat model (Honeywell Home or Honeywell Total Connect Comfort).
- Tap “Continue” to allow permissions.
- Enter your Resideo login information and follow the instructions to link your account with Google Home.
- Assign your thermostat to the appropriate room(s) in Google Home.
Pro tip: For easier control over different zones, include all Honeywell zones in a single room within Google Home and give commands to each assigned zone.
Unlink Honeywell Thermostat from Google Home
If you wish to remove your Honeywell thermostat from Google Home, you can simply:
- Open up the Google Home app
- Search for the device on the home screen
- Tap on the device
- Tap on the settings gear icon on the upper right
- Press on “Unlink Honeywell Thermostat”
- Confirm the pop-up
- A list of connected devices/brands will show up
- Press on the Honeywell Home app or Total Connect App
- Tap on “Unlink Account”
- Confirm any other boxes that may pop up.
If the device still shows up on the app's home screen, simply refresh by pulling it down. This will clear out any unlinked devices.
Sample Voice Commands to Remotely Control Your Honeywell Thermostat
Connecting your Honeywell thermostat to Google Home simplifies climate control by letting you manage the temperature through voice commands.
To control your Honeywell thermostat with Google Home, you can use the following voice commands:
- Hey Google, Make it warmer/cooler
- Ok Google, Raise/lower the temperature by 3 degrees,
- Ok Google, Set the temperature to 74”
- Hey Google, Turn on the heat/cooling
- Ok Google, Turn the thermostat to heat/cool mode
- Ok Google, Set the heat to 69
- Ok Google, Set the AC to 69
- Hey Google, Turn off the thermostat
- Ok Google, Turn on the cooling/heating
- Ok Google, Set the heat to 74
- Ok Google, Set the <Room> thermostat to 74
- Hey Google, What’s the temperature inside?
Setting up your Honeywell Smart Thermostat with Google Home is a pretty straightforward process as long as you have a compatible smart thermostat and both apps downloaded.
So even though the Honeywell mobile apps already offer smart functionality, you can extend it even further by including your thermostat in Google Home, opening up voice commands and routines.
If you run into any issues during this setup process, let me know in the comments below,
Ken, are you able to use the honeywell app to access and control your thermostat? Assuming you’re using an Android smartphone, this has to be working 1st, before you can control the t-stat using the phone’s google assistant.
You have to complete the honeywell account set up and the t-stat has to be registered to your honeywell account, to control the t-stat via wifi/internet.
My Honeywell thermostat works fine using “OK/Hey Google” commands from my Android smart phone.
You must install then go into Google Home select “+” in upper left corner, “Set Up Device”, “Works With Google”, scroll down to and select “Honeywell Total Connect Comfort US” and follow the instructions, you must select the device and assign it a room in the home.
I’ve gone through all of the above and still can’t get google to communicate with the honeywell thermostat.