There’s something nice about being able to control your room’s temperature with a simple voice command! We explain how to set up Google Assistant with your Honeywell thermostat and provide some sample commands you can use to get the most out of it.
Does Honeywell work with Google Home?
You can use Google Home and Google Assistant to control the majority of Wi-Fi thermostats that are connected to either the Honeywell Home App or the Total Connect Comfort App from Honeywell.
Which Honeywell models can you control with Google Assistant?
- Lyric Round Smart Thermostat
- T10 & T9 Series
- T5 & T6 Series
- Wi-Fi 9000 Touchscreen Thermostat
- EvoHome devices
- Wi-Fi 7-Day Smart Thermostat
As of the time of writing, the Prestige IAQ cannot be connected to Google Home.
Honeywell & Google Home Apps
Here are the apps you will need to install to get Honeywell working with Google Home and Google Assistant.
You can use the voice control feature to tell your Google Home device to change the temperature in your living room.
All you need to do is say “Ok Google” and you’re ready to go! State your desire and enjoy the most comfortable temperature in every single room of your house.
Connect Honeywell thermostat to Google Home
Intro textBelieve it or not, connecting your smart thermostat from Honeywell to Google Assistant is easier than you think. Here is how:Intro text
- Use the product manual to set up your Honeywell smart thermostat.
- Take your smartphone or tablet and connect it to the same Wi-Fi source as your Google Home device (e.g. smartphone).
- Use your mobile device to open the Google Home app (if you don’t have it, then install and set up first).
- You will find the “Menu” button in the top left corner. Click on it.
- Make sure the Google Account you’re using is linked to your Google Home. If you need to switch accounts, tap the triangle on the right side.
- Click the “Home” button.
- Go to “Devices” and click the “Add” button at the bottom right.
- You’ll see types of devices to be connected. Click the one you need and follow the steps.
- And you’re done! Click “Done” when you’ve paired the devices.
Assign Honeywell thermostat to a room in Google Home
Now that you’ve connected your thermostat to Google Home, you need to assign it to a room in your house. Follow the simple steps below to assign your device to a room.
- Find the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet and open it.
- You’ll find the “Menu” tab in the top left corner of your Home Screen. Click on it.
- Access the tab titled “Rooms” and click the “Add” button in the bottom right.
- Choose to “Select a room” or “Add a new room.”
- If you want to add a new room, scroll all the way down to the “Custom room” tab, click on it, enter a name for the room, and click “OK.”
- Then, you need to add the device to the room. Click on the box next to the name of the device.
- Click “Done” to finish.
Sample commands to control your Honeywell thermostat by voice
The best part of having a smart thermostat and a virtual assistant is being able to control your thermostat with your voice.
All you have to do is give simple commands.
- Hey Google, Make it warmer/cooler
- Ok Google, Raise/lower the temperature 2 degrees,
- Ok Google, Set the temperature to 72”
- Hey Google, Turn on the heat/cooling
- Ok Google, Turn the thermostat to heat/cool mode
- Ok Google, Set the heat to 70
- Ok Google, Set the AC to 70
- Hey Google, Turn off thermostat
- Ok Google, Turn on cooling/heating
- Ok Google, Set the heat to 70
- Ok Google, Set the <Room> thermostat to 70
- Hey Google, What’s the temperature inside?
What are the Honeywell Home & Total Connect Comfort apps?
Generally speaking, if you can control your thermostat with either the Honeywell Home App or the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort App then you should be able to hook up Google Home and Google Assistant.
For supported devices, both apps give you full control over your home climate. All the settings are at your fingertips with this iOS and Android app. Use the app to control and monitor your HVAC system and energy consumption. The Apps are compatible with a range of products. Use it with your Single Zone Thermostat, Evohome WI-FI Thermostat, or Evohome Security.
If you want to make use of the app with your thermostat, you can control the heating in your home from any place in the world. You can also control as many thermostats as you like!
About Google Home and Google Assistant
Google Home was released to compete with the famous and successful Amazon Alexa speaker and virtual assistant. Google Home can act as a regular speaker for playing music, but its main purpose is to act as a vehicle for Google Assistant.
Google Assistant is Google’s very own virtual assistant. To put it simply, it’s a little voice that comes from the speaker that can help you stay on top of the technology in your home. It is voice-activated, so you can give it commands.
Use it with your smart thermostat to change the temperature, check the temperature, and set the temperature in a specific room. To sum it up, Google Home is a handy device that can help you make your home more comfortable. The best part is, you can easily connect your Honeywell thermostat to your Google Home device.
Now that you know how easy it is to connect and command your Honeywell thermostat with Google Home, you can really appreciate the beauty of smart home technology!
While the Honeywell apps are a great option for setting the temperature in your home, Google Assistant provides an even easier way to do that. Simply use the voice control feature to change the temperature in any given room.
If you haven’t done so yet, go ahead and download the Honeywell app, connect your smart thermostat to your Google Home device, and enjoy full control of your home climate!
If you run into difficulties, leave a comment and we will try to assist!