If you’re experiencing difficulties turning on your TCL Roku TV, you’re not alone. This issue is actually more common among users than you might think. But, what exactly causes it?
The causes range from faulty components to connectivity issues. Fortunately, most of these issues can be easily fixed with a quick reset of the device itself.
In this article, we will be showing you how to perform a quick reset on your TCL Roku TV and get it up and running in no time.
Reasons Why My TCL Roku TV Won't Turn On
Nothing is more frustrating than getting ready for a movie night in and canceling it because your TV is malfunctioning. This can be due to the following reasons.
Faulty Remote Control
You’d be surprised just how often people forget to change the batteries in their remote control. Aside from that, the remote could also have just lost its connection and needs to be reconnected to the TV.
Power Supply Issues
Sometimes, a loss of power is the root cause of the problem. Be sure to check the power supply for any damages as well as the cords.
How to Reset Your TCL Roku TV
Performing a quick reset is quite easy. This type of reset won’t erase any of your data from the TV.
- First, unplug your TCL Roku TV from the power outlet.
- Wait approximately 30 seconds. After half a minute, plug the TV back in and connect it to the power source.
- The hardware should have been reset and your TV might start working now. Check!
- If it’s still not working, move on to the next tip.
How to Power Cycle Your TV
Power cycling your TCL Roku TV is another great solution for a problem like this. You will also need your remote to control the screen. If you don’t have a remote, you can download the Roku app on your mobile device and use that instead. It has all the buttons and capabilities that your remote has, so using the app shouldn’t be a problem. Follow the steps below very carefully to get your TV working again.
- Press the Home button on your remote or in the app. That will lead you to the home screen.
- Scroll and find Settings. Click on that tab.
- In Settings, find the System tab. Click on it.
- In System, you need to select Power.
- Keep scrolling further and select System Restart.
- Keep scrolling and find Restart.
- To confirm your selection, press the OK button.
- This will power cycle and restart your TCL Roku TV. Keep in mind that it is quite a process, so it might take a few minutes before your TV is ready for use again.
How to Perform a Full Factory Reset
A full factory reset is a bit more intense than a quick reset and should be your last resort. The reason many people choose to leave this option for last is because it deletes all of your data off your TV. A factory reset completely resets the TV and returns it to all of its default settings. This can be very useful if you find yourself in a situation where you believe that someone has tampered with the settings. Follow the following steps to factory reset your TCL Roku TV and start fresh.
- Make sure your TV is plugged into a power source.
- Find the reset button on your TV. It is usually located in the back above the HDMI ports. The button takes the form of a small pinhole.
- Use a small paperclip or something similar to press the button. Press and hold it for 15 seconds.
- Turn the TV on.
- Remember that you have just performed a factory reset on your TV, so all the settings are back to default.
Common Questions Relating to TCL Roku TV
There can be a number of reasons why your TCL Roku TV won’t turn on. The most likely reason would be a hardware failure or issues related to the power supply.
The screen of your TCL Roku TV could go black for several reasons. It could be due to the TV going into standby mode or from a loss of power. Alternatively, selecting a channel mode with no input could also cause a black screen to appear if the TV is on.
A factory reset returns all the settings to their default state. In addition to that, it also deletes all of your data from the TV. That means you will have to input your logins and passwords during the setup process.
There are many ways to fix a TCL Roku TV that is unable to turn on. There is a real chance that the problem is just a minor issue and you can fix it yourself. This could be by turning the TV on and off again, unplugging it from the power source, or performing a factory reset.
By performing such quick fixes, it will help you get back to enjoying all your favorite shows again and know what to do the next time your TCL Roku TV doesn’t turn on.